From director D.J. Caruso and starring Alex Pettyfer (Strombreaker), Dianna Agron (Glee) and Teresa Palmer (The Sorcerer?s Apprentice).
There were nine who escaped. Three are dead. He is Number Four.
D.J. Caruso (Eagle Eye, Disturbia) helms an action-packed thriller about an extraordinary young man, John Smith (Alex Pettyfer), who is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Timothy Olyphant ? Die Hard 4.0), he is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events?his first love (Dianna Agron), powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny.
I AM NUMBER FOUR hits cinemas February 23rd.
- ?I Am Number Four? is based on the New York Times best-selling novel of the same name by Pittacus Lore.
Michael Bay (?Transformers,? ?Armageddon?) brings his high-energy style to producing the suspense thriller, with D.J. Caruso (?Eagle Eye,? ?Disturbia?) helming.
- ?I Am Number Four? was filmed in and around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Franklin Regional High School filled in for the fictional high school.
- Several of the action sequences required the production to build an exact copy of the hallways that were used in the real Franklin Regional High School.
- Many of the scenes were shot at night, which Dianna Agron (?Glee?), who plays Sarah, found to be the biggest challenge?until she actually grew to like it.
- Teresa Palmer (?Sorcerer?s Apprentice?) had to train for months for Number Six, the very physical character she plays. She even had to learn to ride a Ducati motorcycle.
- Alex Pettyfer, who plays John Smith, enjoyed doing his stunts, especially being thrown into a row of lockers backwards and jumping off a roof sideways.
- Kevin Durand (?Robin Hood?) plays the Commander of the Mogadorians, the ruthless, 7-foot enemies in ?I Am Number Four.?
- Australian actor Callan McAuliffe (?Flipped?), who plays Sam, enjoyed acting in a thriller with pyrotechnics and plenty of action.
- It took two hours each day to apply the makeup to Kevin Durand to transform him into the Mogadorian Commander.
- In order to help give the Mogs their ominous presence, the actors wore custom Kangool boots that made them 7-inches taller and gave them their odd, slow gait.?The Kangools were covered with a leather faux boot to give them the appearance of normal boots.
- Each Mogadorian has a different tattoo design for their head and face, which was developed to indicate their rank.
- The Mogadorian language was created specifically for the movie and was influenced by ancient Latin, Slavic languages and English. Videotapes cataloguing the phonetics of Moganese were sent to the actors in order for them to learn and practice the unique language.
- Director D.J. Caruso?s family members can be found in small roles throughout the movie.
- The wig used for the stunt double for Alex Pettyfer?s character was lost at sea while performing the jet-ski stunt.
- While shooting the underwater scenes in the Florida Keys, a shark was spotted in the ocean nearby.
- Hints about the next book in the ?Lorien Legacies? series are hidden in the final scene of the movie.